Thursday, January 8, 2009

Scared

Dress up Queen

Morgin has been having bad dreams. She even has stopped taking naps because she is so scared. She is scared of Monsters (to be expected) and bees (I have no idea where that came from). She will point to the wall and tell us that the bee is right there and he is mad! We have tried talking to her telling her there is nothing to be afraid of, leaving her door open a crack (she sneaks out and plays in Brady's room) and even yelling at her (bad mom...tired mommy..no excuse..I know!).

Last night I had an idea that I think may have worked. I had Eric give her one of his t-shirts. He told her that when ever she got scared she could squeeze it and the monsters and bees will go away. When Eric went in to check on her before we went to bed she told him that "I squeezed the shirt and its all better!"

I hate it that she is so scared...it breaks my heart.



Does anybody else have any other suggestions so that if the shirt idea doesn't work I have more in my bag of tricks?

2 comments:

JCharlton said...

I love the shirt idea, I may have to steal it in the future. Seth went through a small phase with monsters until I told him there were only cookie monsters and that we had plenty of cookies in the kitchen so they would stay out of his room. It worked!

Anonymous said...

The weird thing is, we went through the same thing with Sophia right after Maya was born. Her solution was to sleep with a really bright night-light and a CD player. The t-shirt idea is fabulous!