Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Evolution of a room

Yesterday, Eric and I painted the playroom. This is the 3rd time in 4 years we have painted it. We opted for a light green color. The "playroom" started out as our "den." We had our computer desk and futon and we were able to have more seating in there for get together's. Well, then we had Morgin and the toys started to take over! So we decided to make it a playroom and the couch was given away and it became the toy room.



When we first moved in here we painted the room a yellow color. I was pregnant for Morgin at the time and was under strict orders to stay away from the house until the painting was done, so while I was gone Eric, my Mom and My sister painted the den. When I came into the house I thought I was going to cry. The color was awful!!!! The yellow was so bright you had to put sunglasses on in order to walk in the room. So after Morgin was born we painted the room yet again. This time I opted for a red color. I was going for a den/study room and thought the red was a calming color and I thought it looked great! Now 4 years later we have decided to paint the red a more neutral color so that when we do decide to sell it will not defer people from buying. I like the green but it is taking some getting used to!






The yellow




the red! The New ColorThe new set up!

We are going buy a cabinet for the corner where the shelve with Dora on it is and the toy's are all going to be put away!


When we first moved in here there was this ...........

in the playroom. We just put a piece of sheet rock up to cover it. Well yesterday we decided that we are going to build built in shelves here! On Thursday, when Eric comes home the kids are going to the sitters and he is going to do it! Then the playroom will be completed!

1 comment:

JCharlton said...

Built ins are great ideas!