Friday, April 3, 2009

One Wise Soul


A friend at work and I were talking about our daughters in the copy room today and another aide walks in and was listening to our conversation. I was telling them about how this morning I had a battle with Morgin about getting her shoes on and I had to hold her down and put her shoes on. Meanwhile, Brady was crying and needed my attention and on top of it all I was running late!

Here is what she told me..... 3 is the year of reverse psychology. If you want her to put her shoes on tell her that you don't want her to do it and I guarantee that it will work.

Tonight when I got home from taking my car to Adams (Another story in it's self!) I asked Morgin to take her coat off. I got the usual NO! I thought to myself. This is the perfect time to check this theory out (I am up for anything!) SO I say to Morgin, " Morgin I don't want you to take off your coat." and I walked away. Guess what she did...... She took off her coat.

Later in the evening, I asked her to come over to me so I could help her get her PJ's on. Of course she ignored me and then told me no. I tested this theory again. "Morgin, I don't want you to get into your PJ's." She goes into the bathroom and comes out with her PJ's on (backwards but on!)

On Monday I am going to have to kiss this person! Let's see if it works all weekend!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I will have to remember this. I think we may be nearing that phase soon.

Amanda

Amy said...

I can say that this works also - been there, done that! When Joseph is ready to have a major melt down screaming fit, we tell him, "come on Joseph, have a fit, come on, we wanna see", he shuts right up and walks away from us! We also have another trick and she called the "Rule Lady". When we are in public we remind the boys that the "Rule Lady" is watching and if they misbehave, she'll (or he) will be right over. It always works for Joseph, he thinks the Walmart greeter is the rule lady!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
What a beautiful picture of you and your children!