Brady had a doctor's appointment today in Syracuse. He and I drove to Syracuse last night and stayed with Eric's cousin Kate and her family. We headed over to Upstate this morning and we got some good news!
If you remember in April of 2010 we went to the same office but the doctor that we saw that day has since retired, so we saw a new doctor today. He was GREAT! He examined Brady and has a few ideas to help figure out what is going on with him. He has 3 steps he wants to take.
Step 1: New medication (NO MORE NEBULIZER..unless it is needed!) He now has an inhaler. He also put him back on a reflux medication. He is thinking that the reason he keeps getting ear infections even with the super duper heavy duty tubes is because he is refluxing...am I convinced??? I don't really know at this point but I do want to know what is going on! He also tested his immune system to see if there is a problem there. We had the blood work done today so we will know soon!
Step 2: A bronchialgram...a scope that they will put down his nose to see what is going on down there and at the same time take a biopsy of his nose to see if the hairs in his nose, ears are working correctly.
Step 3: Some more advanced testing......which he didn't want to get into yet....he wants to see how the medication works first!
So Brady now has a super cool new inhaler that has a mask on it and he likes it because it has bears on it! He was super good today! We were there a very long time for a 2 year old and he was a champ! (9:45-1:15) Then we drove back through the snowy tundra called the Tug Hill just in time to pick Morgin up from school! I don't know why I get so excited to pick her up....I guess it is because I never get to do that! So I am hoping and praying that he responds well to the medication and doesn't need the testing done!
1 comment:
OMG Eric Jr in that picture!
Post a Comment