Thursday, December 2, 2010

Positive...YUP..positive

Well it has been 2 weeks and I am finally able to say that we had a positive test for b. pertussis. I bet you will not be surprised which child that was..................BRADY! That poor child gets EVERYTHING! I had a student in my class test + for it, and being the whinny ninny that I am I instantly called the pediatrician and we both thought it was a good idea to have him tested...just to be on the safe side. The last words that the Dr. spoke to me before we hung up was, "I am sure he is fine but lets make sure because of his respiratory problems." Then I got an urgent message on my cell phone 3 days later and sure enough he was positive :-(

After all the hoopla that surrounds this (Public heath...coming up with a list of contacts and etc) I am now able to admit that he was +

The crazy part is that he has had not 1 cough! The only symptom that he had was a bit of runny nose....no fever, no cough...no nothing! It was a relief!

We all have had our antibiotics and are doing great!

No comments: